Jamie L. (Rutten) Cage
Areas of Practice
- Divorce and Legal Separation
- Allocation of Parental Responsibility (Custody)
- Child Support
- Spousal Support (Maintenance/Alimony)
- Family Law Appeals
- Paternity and Juvenile Actions
- Protection Orders
- University of North Dakota School of Law, J.D.
- Colorado State University, B.A.
Honors and Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013 – 2019
Pro Bono Activities
- Colorado and Adams County Regional Mock Trial, Volunteer
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers (MVL), Volunteer
- Family Tree, Volunteer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section (CBA FLS), Executive Council, Officer 2018 – present.
- CBA FLS, Executive Council Member, 2014 – present.
- Adams/Broomfield Bar Association, Appointed Committee Member of Bench-Bar Committee, 2015-2018
- Adams/Broomfield Bar Association (ABBA), President of the Board, 2014 – 2015
- Adams/Broomfield Bar Association (ABBA), Vice President of the Board, 2013 – 2014
- Adams/Broomfield Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chair, 2010 – 2013
- Adams/Broomfield Bar Association, Treasurer, 2012 – 2013
- Adams/Broomfield Bar Association, Secretary, 2011 – 2012
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA), Member
- Adams/Broomfield Bar Association (ABBA), Member
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee
- Colorado Family Law Practice for Paralegals, Presenter of Enforcing and Modifying Family Law Orders and Decrees, Halfmoon Seminars, September 24, 2019.
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Presenter of Visitation Rights for Non-Parent Third Parties: Guardianship, Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, and Adoption, CBA Family Law Section, February 11, 2019.
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Co-Presenter of Family Law Basics trainings presented at Bryan Cave, November 2018.
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Co-Presenter of Visitation Rights for Non-Parent Third Parties, 2018 Judicial Institute, June 13, 2018.
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Co-Presenter of Family Law Basics trainings presented at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP and Moye White LLP, April and May 2016.
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section, Co-Presenter of Laying the Foundation, February 25, 2016.
- “Laying a Foundation: The Basics of Introducing Exhibits,” Presented with Honorable Emily Anderson and Daniel Deasy, Esq., Colorado Bar Association’s Practicum for Family Lawyers, 2014
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Co-Presented the Family Law Hotline Training, November 7, 2013
- “Temporary Orders” (Presenter), Colorado Bar Association’s Family Law Institute, 2012
- “Modifying or Terminating Maintenance Based on Co-habitation”, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2010
- “Modification of Maintenance”, Continuing Legal Education (CLE), 2010
- “Attorney Liens,” Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Domestic Relations Law, 2019.
- Contributing Author to Bench Bar Book, 2015 – 2018
- “The Pitfalls of Domestic Violence in Family Law Cases,” Colorado Law Week, July, 2014
- “The Changing Practice of Family Law,” Colorado Law Week, July, 2013
- “The Use of Social Media in Family Law Cases,” Colorado Law Week, July, 2012
- In the Interest of S.N.V., a Child, and Concerning C.A.T.C.; Published Opinions by the Colorado Court of Appeals, 2010
- In re the Parental Responsibilities of A.D., and Concerning Rueda; Published opinions by the Colorado Court of Appeals, 2010
- “Modifying or Terminating Maintenance Based on Co-habitation,” (Co-Author), Colorado Lawyer, June, 2009